Buyers Terms & Conditions
1. All bidders must be registered to bid, and will not be accepted without providing name, address, phone, and valid ID. By registering for the auction, bidder agrees to and accepts the terms and conditions of the auction set forth herein.
2. All items are being sold “As-Is, Where-Is” with no guarantee of any kind. All sales are final. Bidders are encouraged to inspect items being sold and are solely responsible to satisfy themselves as to any inspections, current condition, usability, etc. prior to bidding.
3. In the event items are not removed by 5:00 p.m., EST Monday, March 20, 2023, the Seller and/or Fayette County Farm Bureau Education Foundation, unless other arrangements are made, are subject to removal of this location to another designated location with a removal fee of $100 in addition to the $25/ per day storage fee. Items not picked up within 30 days of the close of the auction, or in the event the storage fee exceed the hammer price, will become the property of Fayette County Farm Bureau Education Foundation and may be disposed of at their sole discretion with no further obligation to the buyer.
4. NO merchandise may be removed until paid in full.
5. A 5% Buyer’s Premium will be added to the high bid at auction for online buyers only. Acceptable forms of payment include Cash, Credit Card, Wire Transfer, Cashier’s Check or Company and Personal Checks must have a Bank Letter of Credit SPECIFYING THE AMOUNT OF PURCHASES GUARANTEED BY THE BANK. POSITIVELY NO EXCEPTIONS All checks should be made payable to Fayette County Farm Bureau Education Foundation or abbreviated (FCFBEF). There will be a 4% electronic fee on all credit card purchases. Wire Transfer Fees $65 for domestic, $75 for international.
6. Purchases are subject to Kentucky sales tax unless buyer provides appropriate exemption permit number effective Jan 1, 2022. Under the provision of SB 148, enacted by the 2020 General Assembly and signed into law by Gov. Andy Beshear on March 27, 2020, all eligible farmers exempt from sales and use tax for the purchase of certain items must apply for and use their new agriculture exemption number when claiming applicable tax exemptions under KRS 139.481. If purchasing for resale, please provide a copy of your Resale certificate upon purchase of item(s).
7. The buyer agrees to pay all invoices and/or debts to Fayette County Farm Bureau Education Foundation (FCFBEF) in accordance to the terms set forth herein. In the event such invoices and/or debts are not paid, there will be late charges accrued at the rate of $25 per day. Buyer also agrees to reimburse FCFBEF for any attorney fees, collection fees, and/or costs incurred in order to collect any past due amounts or enforce the auction terms set forth herein. Venue for any litigation is agreed to be in Fayette County, Kentucky.
8. A $25.00 storage fee per item will be charged per day if the items are not picked up by 5:00p.m EST Monday, March 20, 2023 following the auction.
On site location: Kentucky Horse Park, 4089 Ironworks Pike, Lexington, KY 40511
10% commission- $30 Minimum per lot- $500 Max per lot
$30 Buyback/ No Sale Fee Including tractors
$50 buyback fee/ No Sale Fee for Vehicles & Boats
All titles must be in hand at check- in NO EXECPTIONS or item will not be accepted.
Seller Terms & Conditions
Sellers may leave a reserve for each item. If a reserve is not left all sales are final. Sellers are discouraged from bidding on their own items ONLINE for risk of winning their item, in which case they will be responsible for paying the 5% ONLINE buyers premium PLUS the buyback fee.
FCFBEF assumes no responsibility whatsoever as to the condition of the equipment sold. The machinery is sold, as is, where is, with no guarantee of any kind.
The seller warrants that the equipment consigned to the sale is free of any mortgage or liens of any kind.
Loading and unloading of equipment is a courtesy of FCFBEF. This service does not hold FCFBEF liable for injury, or damage to merchandise, in the loading, hauling, or unloading of merchandise.
All items shall be removed from the premises no later than Monday, March 20, 2023 at 5:00 p.m. EST following the sale. Items not removed from the sale by Monday will be transported to another location with a removal fee of $100/ item in addition to a $25 per item/per day storage fee. All items not picked up 30 days past the close of the auction, or the storage fees exceed the hammer price, will result in FCFBEF disposing of the item at our discretion with no further obligation to the seller.
All items must be paid for by Monday, March 20th at 5 p.m. following the sale, regardless of when they are removed.
DUE TO THE ADDITIONAL ON-LINE VIRTUAL BIDDING PLATFORM, SELLERS WILL RECEIVE THEIR CHECK APPROXIMATELY 2 WEEKS FROM THE SALE DATE.